My latest experiment with writing productivity has proven to be a success, as the title of this post indicates. I’ve been a bit absent again from this blog again, and as of now I still cannot say it won’t continue to happen, but it’s safe to say that I have still been writing.
In the first 7 days of May I wrote nearly 21, 000 words. That’s an astonishing amount, considering in April I wrote about that much for the whole month. I can only credit that though to the fact that tracking my writing with spreadsheets has forced me to acknowledge when and where my consistency is dipping.
Consistency, as I tell myself and often others frequently, is key. While I say that, I am the first one to admit I rarely am able to follow the aforementioned advice. I try, and manage it for a time. Unless it’s ingrained in my schedule though, it won’t ever stick. I’m rooted in schedule and routine, and if I don’t force myself to do it at certain times every day, it just will not happen. I know this about myself though, and that is why my new system has increased my productivity exponentially.
As of now, I would like to project writing at least 50K this month. Given that I’m nearly halfway there, it would be a shame not to make an attempt to reach a higher goal. If I manage to reach upwards of that, then I will count that as a bonus.